Sunday, March 7, 2010

My Four Day Whirlwind

My past few days have been a complete whirlwind! I'm currently plopped on the couch in oversized sweats, sipping a mug of low-fat hot cocoa and watching the two-hour Law & Order special from Monday. Life is good :-)

Here's the chaotic recap: woke up in Norfolk, Virginia Wednesday morning to do a spot on the 700 Club. The people involved in booking, planning and producing that show are the NICEST (I even got the host, Kristi Watts, to do some "80 style" dance moves with me on the air). After the show and a great salmon lunch with Kristi and Ivorie, my booker and new pal.... I headed for the airport. My flight back to New York was perfectly planned to get me home in time for a spot on NBC at 5pm. But wait, oh no, La Guardia had a landing freeze and we sat on the runway in VA for two hours!! PANT, PANT.... had no idea if I'd make the segment. Woohoo, I did! By the skin of my teeth... literally ran out of my car and straight into the live spot right next to Jane Hanson(covered in sweat from sheer panic and wearing wrinkled clothing). Puts true meaning to that saying "the show must go on".

On Thursday I met with a company to discuss plans for a new exciting, secret project. Stay tuned!

Friday woke up at the crack of dawn and headed to Boston to give a lecture at Tufts University. I decided to let my kids skip school and come along for the adventure. It was a sold out crowd and truly an incredible honor to speak to their impressive student body and faculty. Tremendous thanks to a few of their departments/clubs for putting together such a TOPNOTCH event -- Food Talk, Tufts Dining services and Tufts Culinary Society, to name a few.

After my presentation I asked Ayden, my 9-year old daughter, what she thought about my talk. I'll end this blog with her classic comment; "well mom, I'm not really interested in the topic so I'm not the best person to ask"

1 comment:

  1. Haha, love Ayden Jane's comment.

    Here is the link to the 700 Club segment for anyone who didn't catch it on TV.

    http://www.cbn.com/media/player/index.aspx?s=/vod/SUE177_JoyBauer_030310_WS

    ReplyDelete