Monday, March 1, 2010

No-Flub Meatball Sub


My fiber segment got bumped this morning (fancy shmancy animation and all) -- sorry guys. It should be rescheduled for sometime next week. Will let you know when.

Meantime, I have my personal favorite segment tomorrow morning at 9am. Joy's Diet SOS... these segments give me the opportunity to answer real-life viewer emails and questions. Tomorrow's lineup includes a question about "single recipe meals" for a woman who lives alone, a question about excess skin after weight loss.... plus much more. Definitely tune in, it's a fun spot!

What are the Bauers are having for dinner tonight? No-Flub Meatball Subs :-) Here's where the craving came from: a few days ago I was asked to submit a favorite sandwich to Delish.com. A few ideas automatically came to mind....peppery-parmesan egg white salad, turkey topped with hummus and roasted peppers.... but the winner was undoubtedly my turkey meatball parmesan hero. When I was a kid (before I even dreamt of being a nutritionist), my hands-down favorite sandwich was a meatball hero from our local Italian restaurant. It was pure perfection—super moist homemade meatballs, drowning in cheese and marinara sauce, sitting atop a delicious white-toasty oversized bun (ahem!). Nowadays, I make my own healthy version using ground turkey in place of fatty beef or pork for the meatballs, whole grain buns, and reduced-fat cheese. It's low in calories but fat on taste. I just noticed my sandwich recipe went live on msn, so I'm sending you the link and I'm making it for dinner :-)
If you decide to try my creation, please let me know what you think! http://bit.ly/aXvfvp

1 comment:

  1. It looks yummy! But just wondering what the nutritional info is for it.

    ReplyDelete